Frequently Asked Questions
- Will you accept registration forms prior to the designated Registration Day(s)?
No, each year our registration process does not begin for the Fall until the prior January/February. We have two Registration Days - the first for Returning Families/Alumni and the second for New Families. For new families, the Registration Day will be held on the same day as our Open House. Families who miss our Open House should contact the VP of Membership to arrange a tour. Mail-in/drop-off applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis after Registration Day(s).
- Can someone else register my child for me on Registration Day(s)?
If you are unable to turn in your child's application personally due to sickness or vacation, then another family member may do so on your behalf. However, if a friend turns in your application who is also registering, their application will be taken in order, yours will be counted at the end along with mailed in/drop off applications.
- Where can I get registrations forms?
All registration forms are available on this website and will also be available at the Open House and Registration Day(s).
- What jobs and teams are available?
Jobs and placement on a particular team are allocated based on people's skills and interests. For more info please see our Job Preference Form. More detailed information is available at our Open House and Registration Day(s) or from our VP Membership.
- I am registering more than one child. Do I fill out a separate form for each child?
Yes, but you can write one check.
- I'm not sure which class I want my child in (or whether there will be room for me). What should I do?
Indicate both choices (marking them #1 & #2) on the application form. We will try to place you in your first choice. You will be informed of your class placement by mid April, and a non refundable deposit (applied to your May tuition) will be due at the beginning of May hold your place.
- I'm not sure if I want to enroll in Pre-K next year. What should I do?
You should register for Pre-K at this time. Children must be eligible for Kindergarten enrollment for the following Fall. If you want more information or to see the program description, please talk with our VP Membership. You will need to make a firm decision by beginning of May when your non-refundable deposit (applied to your May Pre-K tuition) will be due.
- I am expecting a baby before September, and I am planning to use the nursery. What should I do?
Sign up for the nursery service, and indicate the expected birth date.
- I may be interested in serving on the board next year, but I need more information. With whom do I speak?
If you are possibly interested, by all means indicate this on your Application and Job Preference Form. If you get into a class and there are still positions available then someone will contact you.
- Why does it take until April to know whether we are in a class, or where we are on the waitlist?
In-house and Alumni registration begins first; we cannot allocate other class places until this process is well under way.
- How does the waitlist process work?
If the class you want is full the $50 application fee will put you on a waitlist and you will be contacted when a place opens up. You can be in one class and still be waitlisted for another. The waitlist is designed to accommodate the goal of gender balance in each of the classes so, for example, if a class is overbalanced with boys, a girl further down on the waiting list may be given preference over a boy further up, and vice versa. This is not to discriminate, but to avoid an overbalance by gender.
"CPNS is a tremendous spring board to what lies ahead after preschool. Thanks to the training, leadership opportunities, and parent involvement at CPNS, alumni continue to serve and have an extraordinary impact on the local community at many levels. Most importantly, parents stay involved in their children's education well after preschool in many roles. In leadership or serving, CPNS continues its tradition of parent involvement and healthy children in kindergarten and beyond. We are grateful for our experience there, and we feel a strong community partnership with our CPNS families."
- Missy Bechtel, CPNS Parent 1999 - 2003